Welcome to my Media Center!

Here you'll find all things reading and all things tech-y! Hope you find something you can use!

Wednesday 25 July 2012

A Bigger Mess...

I started working in my classroom...and it NEVER fails that I make a bigger mess and spend more time walking around wondering where to begin the first week I'm there.  I can't wait to get all of my new stuff in here and get it organized.  I thought this e-card was fitting hahaha!
So, what have I been up to this week, you ask??  Well, between presenting again at UNA and summer Ed.S. classes...

Eeeeek...look at this....OH MY....how cute is that???  This is a $3.99 inner tube from Target wrapped in fabric!!!  I have to get a little more patterned fabric because I ran out, and I have one other one to wrap.  I will use them for seats in my classroom.  One word...GENIUS.
Dax had to try it out!
Check this out...taking me forever, but it's one of my favorite things in my room now!  It's just fabric cut into strips and tied together with knots (hot glued to my shelving unit, of course.)  LOVE.
I've also made a few things with my Cricut...here is my No Name board for papers that don't have a name.  Cricut letters + board + paint + binder clips + Modge Podge =
Here's my cool "Books We've Read" tree....I just cut it out of black butcher paper, spray Modge-podged (is that a word??) it because I knew it would fade if I didn't, and hot-glued it to the wall...the circles are just scrapbook paper I cut out with my Cricut.  I will add the books we read together to the tree throughout the year.  I just thought it would be a good visual for my students of all the books they have read in fifth grade...also made a pretty banner to hang in front of the tree...
And this is another little reading nook....love how it turned out!  I wanted a way to separate it from my desk area.  The banner says, "The Book Nook."  Yep, that's a flat sheet from Wal-Mart...scored that bad boy for $4.97.  Needs a little wrinkle-release, I think...
Look for pics coming soon of INSIDE this little nook!  You're gonna love it!

Love my small group bulletin board too!!  That little awning took about a million hours to do, but I love it!  hehe!
Sorry for the long post, but it's been a while, and I've been busy!

**Reading Street friends....Frindle is on the way...I am in the process of correlating my resources to the new Common Core Standards so we can all enjoy!  Y'all didn't think I would leave you out, did you???  ;)

'Til then!


3 comments:

  1. great job! I also teach fifth grade in Lauderdale County.
    I found your blog through the shoals teachers connect. I also have a blog:
    www.laurasopenhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Laura! Your blog is awesome, and your Pinterest boards for Reading Street are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How well did the innertube chairs hold up this year? Thinking of making them for my room.

    ReplyDelete