Here are a few things I've been working on:
Here are my bulletin boards...my version of a "Proud Wall" where students can display work they are proud of...notice those cute clothespins I dyed earlier with Rit Dye?? And my little owl lantern (that's turned around) I made by spray painting an old one I had, then adding the features using scrapbook paper and hot glue. I will get a better pic of that one soon!
I will put anchor charts on this one...finally decided I love the scrunchy border. You can find a "how-to" here.
This bulletin board is right beside the doorway, and I use exit slips as a closing strategy often in my room. I liked the idea of having several different ways to use this strategy without having to take them down, put back up, etc...so this is my "Wonder Wall."
This is my door (hallway view). I was so happy with the way it turned out.
Some before and after pictures:
My "new" bookcase (the left one)...I primed and painted, then added contact paper to the backing. You can also see my computer table with the ugly red tablecloth...
Here is this whole area now...still working on this!
My small group chairs...I used Krylon plastic spray paint, then sprayed them with a gloss protectant. I also sprayed the legs with a metallic spray paint. Thanks, Tara Vincent, for the inspiration! ;)
So...not quite finished, but definitely getting there...it's a work in progress...
I will post more this week! I'm pooped after first day activities! ;)