Welcome to my Media Center!

Here you'll find all things reading and all things tech-y! Hope you find something you can use!

Sunday 16 September 2012

Tech Tuesdays: iPads in the Classroom

Tuesday, I had the opportunity to present for my faculty in my first session of "Tech Tuesdays."  You know, it's funny, because I used to HATE presenting and speaking in front of people.  But, now...I actually enjoy it!  I feel like I have found a little niche for myself.  I have always known I wanted to work with curriculum, and presenting on different topics seems to be something that I really like!  Anyway, I promised everyone that I would put the resources I shared here...so here they are!  ;)  

My idea was to USE various presentation apps to share a variety of content area apps that we can all use in our classrooms.

I began the session with this video I made of the 21st Century Classrooms at our school.  I'm so proud to be a part of this!  ;)

Here are the handouts that I gave to the participants:
(When I converted the Word files to a Google Doc, the format went funny...if you want the originals, just email me or comment, and I will be glad to send them to you!)

This is link for the Prezi I created for the training...I, of course, used the Prezi Viewer app to show the presentation.  :)  

For the slide titled "A Whole Class Set," I used the Nearpod Teacher app and asked my participants to download the Nearpod Student app on their iPads.  Love this app--check it out if you are not familiar with it! 

The next portion of the training was "30 apps in 30 minutes..."  Here is a link to some of the apps I shared, organized by content:
READING
VOCABULARY
MIND MAPS
LANGUAGE
MATH
SOCIAL STUDIES
Maps (Built-in)
SCIENCE
MORE
SmartOffice 2
Splashtop
EverNote
Edmodo
Skitch
Khan Academy
Dropbox
Quickoffice
CommonCore
iTunesU
Wonderopolis
TED
Pinterest
VoiceThread
Stick Picks
eClicker Host
I also shared some iPad tips and tricks.  Here are links to some of the ones I shared on the Prezi:
50 iPad Tricks
Ridiculously Awesome iPad Tricks

I'm already looking forward to next month's Tech Tuesday!!

Also, a little note...I haven't posted much lately, but I finally feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things.  Look for another post in the next couple of days!  'Til then!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is such useful information! I hope you don't mind me sharing this with my second grade teachers! They have iPads in the classroom and you have created a gold mind here! Thanks

    ReplyDelete